Membership in the Maryland Genealogical Society provides access to some of the best genealogical resources available for Maryland research and helps you make the connections you need to advance your family history research. For questions about memberships, please email email@example.com
Benefits of Membership
- Members-only access to our collection of webinars, including our Maryland Minutes series on topics unique to Maryland research
- Receipt of the Maryland Genealogical Society Journal three times a year
- Receipt of our e-newsletter, MGS News
- Online access to full-text searchable digitized copies of all volumes of the Maryland Genealogical Society Bulletin (1960-2007) collection, and other material in the Members Only portion of the Web site
- Advance notice of virtual and on-site programs with discounted registration fees
- Reduced fees for research services
- Discounts on purchasing publications
- Benefits of membership in the Maryland Center for History and Culture for joint members, including free admission to the H. Furlong Baldwin Library at the Maryland Center for History and Culture
- Ability to submit information on families you are researching for listing online
For more details on these member benefits, click here.
Categories of Membership
The Maryland Genealogical Society offers two categories of membership for individuals, plus an institutional membership:
Joint membership in the Maryland Genealogical Society and the Maryland Center for History and Culture (formerly known as the Maryland Historical Society)
- Senior (60 years or older) or Military individual joint membership - $70
- Senior (60 years or older) or Military family joint membership - $80
- Individual joint membership - $75 (one year) or $125 (two years)
- Family joint membership - $90 (one year) or $150 (two years)
Senior membership in the Maryland Genealogical Society only
Senior (60 years or older) membership - $25
RENEWING SENIOR MEMBERS: Within 30 days of your membership expiration date, please sign-in and go to your Profile, where there will be a link to click to renew.
CONVERT YOUR JOINT MEMBERSHIP TO SENIOR MEMBERSHIP: When your current membership is up for renewal, if you are 60 years of age or more (formerly 70 years or more), you may convert your membership from Joint to MGS Senior. Click here to convert your existing membership.
$25/year for libraries, genealogical and historical societies, and similar organizations