MGS offers webinars on a regular basis about genealogical topics, sources, and research tips, particularly those that are unique to Maryland. While some are publicly available, many are available for MGS Members only.
Upcoming is a new workshop series developed by MGS for Maryland Public Television called Finding Your Roots With DNA.
The three bi-weekly sessions (June 1, June 15, and June 29)
will introduce you to genetic genealogy and DNA testing, explain what your DNA test results mean, and help you start to make sense of all the new cousins on your DNA match list. You will learn the value of DNA testing and analysis and how it can be an integral part of your genealogical research. For more information, please visit the event registration page.
- A Tangled Web: Researching the Enslaved in Maryland
- Baltimore City Marriage Index, 1851-1914
- Census Research, With a Brief Introduction to Beginning Genealogical Research
- Colonial & Revolutionary Military Records of Maryland
- Colonial Research in Maryland
- Maryland Immigration and Naturalization Resources
- Researching Your Family Tree - Vital Records
- Using Maryland State Archives Probate Records With FamilySearch
- Using Sanborn Maps