Members of the Society are invited to submit the names and brief identifying information of ancestors they are researching, so that other members researching the same persons can exchange information with them. It will be posted on the Queries
page of the web site.
Please observe the following rules:
1. Each submission must include the ancestor’s name, at least one year or date (birth, marriage or death), and place of residence, and is limited to 70 spaces, counting each letter and the spaces between words. Please give dates in the format 14 Jun 1806, not 6/14/1806. Women should be listed under their maiden names. (Example: Clark, Elizabeth m. 1822 Thomas Galloway, Balto. Co., Md.)
2. You may submit up to 10 names per year.
3. Include your name, mailing address, and MGS code number (such as B-045, J-019, etc.) if known. You may also include your e-mail address, if you wish. By providing us with your contact information, you are indicating your permission for us to post this information online with your query.
4. Submit your names by e-mail to email@example.com
with the heading “Queries,” or by mail to Maryland Genealogical Society, 610 Park Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21201.are
5. Submissions will be accepted at any time.
6. When replying, please contact the person who submitted the name, not the MGS.